Best Italian Dressing from Scratch
This homemade Italian dressing has a bright fresh taste. Pour it on a tossed salad or use it as a marinade for Italian vegetables or meat before grilling them.
This page contains Amazon affiliate links. If you click a link, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you
Cruet with stopper for storing the salad dressing.
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup grapeseed oil
- ½ cup red or white wine vinegar
- 1½ tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tsp dried minced garlic may substitute 2 tsp fresh minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried minced onions may substitute 2 tsp. fresh minced onions
- 1 tsp salt
If you don't have grapeseed oil, use all extra virgin olive oil.
Use balsamic vinegar instead of red or white wine vinegar.
Storing the dressing: Store in the fridge in an airtight container. The dressing will keep for several weeks in the fridge. The cold from the fridge will thicken the dressing. So let it warm up for 10-15 minutes at room temperature before using it. Shake well before pouring.
Serving: 2tbsp | Calories: 194kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 233mg | Potassium: 9mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 13IU | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 1mg